RULES FOR THE MISS OUTDOORS PAGEANT
** PLEASE NOTE THE OUTDOOR SHOW FOR 2022 HAS BEEN CANCELED**
**STAY TUNED FOR ANY UPDATES REGARDING PAGEANTS**
- Contestant must be a resident of Dorchester County, Maryland.
- The ages to compete in this pageant are 16-24 years old.
- No former Miss Outdoors is eligible to enter.
- Contestant must not have any children or ever been pregnant.
- Contestant must be single and never married.
- No child or sibling of a Miss Outdoors Pageant Committee Member may enter the pageant.
- Contestant must be of good character, possessing poise, good personality, intelligence, charm and beauty of face.
- Contestant must perform a talent routine lasting no longer than five (5) minutes. This may be singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument, reading of dramatic works, displaying crafts, art or other product of contestant’s hobby. The contestant must furnish any accompaniment required for the segment.
- Contestant must submit with the application an original synopsis of 175 words or less. This is to be about “living/growing up in Dorchester County.”
- Contestant must furnish own apparel and accessories for show; she may, secure a sponsor.
- Contestant will be judged in the following categories: (a) APPEARANCE IN EVENING GOWN AND CASUAL WEAR, (b) POISE, PERSONALITY, INTELLIGENCE, CHARM AND BEAUTY (c) TALENT PERFORMANCE AND (d) THE SYNOPSIS.
- Two (2) recent photographs must accompany the application.
- Both the “Contestant Release and Indemnity Form and Release for Medical Information” form must be signed, notarized and returned with the application.
- Entry must be postmarked by deadline, date or hand delivered to a pageant committee member by midnight of deadline date, February 1, 2022. Electronic copies will not be accepted.
- Contestant must attend both the tea and rehearsal. Contestant Tea will be held, February **2022 location TBA. Rehearsal will be held on February ** 2022. Rehearsal time and location will be provided to contestants.
- If the winner becomes pregnant or marries during her reign, she relinquishes her title and all prizes with the exception of the scholarship.
- During her reign, Miss Outdoors is required to attend functions and participate in events designated by The National Outdoor Foundation. A tentative schedule will be provided. All other appearances must be approved by the pageant committee.
- During her reign, Miss Outdoors is required to make available her current address and phone number to the pageant committee members.
- If during her reign of Miss Outdoors she assumes another title, she relinquishes her title of Miss Outdoors and all prizes.
- As part of Miss Outdoors’ prize, she will receive a trip to Louisiana’s Fur and Wildlife Festival in January of the following year. Family members (up to 3) wanting to attend with her, must pay for their own tickets. These can be bought when the show purchases their tickets. Payment is due at that time.
- Scholarship rule — if Miss Outdoors is currently in high school, she will have 2 years after graduation to use her scholarship or it is forfeited. If Miss Outdoors has already graduated at the time of winning title, she must use her scholarship within 2 years or it is forfeited.
- Scholarship Rule — If Miss Outdoors starts college during her reign, she will be allowed to use ½ of her scholarship and the balance will be awarded at the end of her reign.
- Winners must adhere to all of the above rules. Otherwise, runners up in their respective order will assume the title and duties thereof.
- Any disabilities that may impair the contestant from performing any/all duties for the pageant, MUST be made known to the pageant personnel before deadline.
- The title of Miss Outdoors is to be held with integrity and high regard. Miss Outdoors should display dignity, honor, and above all obey the law at all times. Any activity unbecoming of the reigning Miss Outdoors will be reviewed by The National Outdoor pageant committee. It is within the rights of The National Outdoor Foundation to review all actions of the current Miss Outdoors during her reign. Disciplinary action will be taken, if necessary, up to and possibly including removal of scholarship and crown.
THESE RULES AND POLICIES ARE AUTHORIZED AND ENFORCED BY
THE NATIONAL OUTDOOR FOUNDATION.
The National Outdoor Show Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) organization.