SENIOR (18 YRS OF AGE & OVER) RACCOON SKINNING
RULES AND PROCEDURES
- All contestants must furnish their own raccoon for skinning competition.
- All contestants must be present with their raccoon at show time for their raccoon to be inspected by the judges.
- All raccoons must be killed at least TWO (2) hours prior to showtime.
- All raccoons must be inspected again immediately prior to contestant’s entry on
- All contestants or anyone acting on their behalf or at their direction, are prohibited
from killing raccoons on school property.
- The raccoon skinner with the fastest time will be considered the winner unless he is
- The raccoon skinner will automatically be disqualified if the raccoon has been cut
around the head prior to the inspection by the judges.
- The following penalties will be placed upon the raccoon skinner as follows:
A. 10 seconds added to the final time if both eyes and the nose are not left in the hide. You must leave both eyes and the nose in the raccoon hide.
B. 10 seconds added to the final time if more than 2 inches of fur is left on the belly.
C. 10 seconds added to the final time for each knife cut left in the hide.
D. 10 seconds added to the final time if hide is pulled apart.
E. 10 seconds added to the final time if tail is not skinned out 2 inches from the end.
The tail can’t be pulled 2 inches from the end.
- The raccoon skinner may cut both feet off.
- One (1) raccoon will be skinned in the raccoon skinning contest by each contestant.
- At the start of the competition all contestants must be on stage in the contestant’s preferred skinning position with skinning knife in hand and with both hands up in the air at shoulder height.
- All contestants will start skinning when the emcee says, “GO,” at which time the timer starts the timing watch. The timer will stop the watch when the fur leaves the carcass.
- Each raccoon skinner will be individually timed. The timer will stop the watch when the fur leaves the carcass.
- When the skinner has completed skinning the raccoon he must stand and not touch either hide or carcass until the judges have judge the contest. If either skinner touches the hide prior to the judges completing their judging the skinner will be automatically disqualified. Skinner must stand by skinning station until dismissed.
- NO persons on stage except for contestants, timers, judges, and Committee Board.
ALL CONTESTANTS ENTER CONTEST AT THEIR OWN RISK. THE NATIONAL OUTDOOR FOUNDATION OR THE NATIONAL OUTDOOR SHOW COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES OR LOSSES.
ALL DECISIONS BY JUDGES ARE FINAL.
RULES & PROCEDURES AUTHORIZED BY THE 2017 NATIONAL OUTDOOR FOUNDATION, INC.The National Outdoor Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.