Trot Line Baiting Competition Rules
- Competition will begins at the signal “GO” and time will start.
- Competitors will remove “bait” from snooze and lay lines and replace it with a “fresh” piece of “bait”.
- Once all bait pieces have been replaced and final chain has been pulled completely into finished barrel, time will stop.
- Judges will then check over the lines to ensure all bait is still intact and secured to the line.
- All pieces missing or skipped from the line will result in a penalty.
- The competitor with the most secured pieces that has the best time will be the winner.
- Any competitor who intentionally interferes with another competitor during the race will be disqualified.
● Trot lines will consist of 20 total pieces of bait, 10 snooze and 10 lay, alternated every six feet. At each end of the trot line there will be a length of chain which competitors will start and finish with.